Last night, we:
- Went to the beach
- Watched old episodes of The West Wing until 1am
Today we have:
- Slept in (I slept until 10, what the hell?!)
- Cleaned the house
- Bought new underwear/t-shirts
- Scott got a shirt with the Periodic Table on it, captioned “I wear this shirt periodically” under it.
- Gone to two libraries, where we got …
- a bunch of books for the boy (who isn’t even with us this weekend; we win parents of the year), including Hamster Princess by Ursula Vernon, which all three of us have been anxiously awaiting
- some graphic novels and a book on steampunk jewelry making for Scott
- two books from the library sale cart for me–one is Cinders, which my dash seems to recommend, and for $2, why not?
- Finished cleaning while listening to Invisiblia and This American Life like a couple of intellectuals
- Downloaded all the Neil Gaiman Humble Bundle books I bought onto the iPad
Plan for the rest of the evening:
- Ordering books through Interlibrary loan
- Reading on the couch while listening to random-ass 80s and 90s music on iTunes radio
- (I have a new chapter of BYL in my inbox, awaiting a first read, so …)
So last week we all took the Pottermore sorting quiz that was floating around the internet. Our results were:
The Younger Niece: Gryffindor
Today, I had a brilliant idea for a t-shirt:
I want a shirt that says “Proud Parent of a Hufflepuff,” in Slytherin colors. Maybe a cute Ursula Vernon-style cartoon of a snake snuggling a baby badger.
Think of it! T-shirts in each House color, with “Proud Parent of a [insert house name here]. Because Harry Potter is as multigenerational as Disney, y'all.