So 2011 was the Year of Change, and 2012 was the year of What the Fuck?
So let's do a highlights reel:Hurrah!
1. I sold "The Drowned Man" to Beneath Ceaseless Skies
2. I got a new job, which I like, working with a group of people that I like and who actually seem to get my geeky, sarcastic sense of humor. It's a steady paycheck, which is a good thing, too.
3. The Zweeble started kindergarten and has been doing really well. He doesn't seem bored, he likes his teacher, and we really like the school.
(side note: #s 2 and 3 were things I was really worried about before they happened, so there's an extra layer of good there.)
4. I got to see doggiesushi
this year! Yay!
5. Went to Disney with my parents, which was, on the whole, a good time. It's a bit of a learning curve, because there is so much there that they didn't have when I was a kid, and Z's interests are different from mine or Scott's, but we had a lot of fun. And people at EPCOT loved my "Keep Calm and Don't Blink" shirt--one girl asked if we could take a picture together; it was hilarious.
6. Got an iPhone, which ... well, the stuff it does well it does very, very well, and that's enough to make up for the stuff the Droid did better.
7. Holy cats, I'm really digging Glee
this season. And the Doctor Who
Christmas special. And the second season on Sherlock
was made of cool. And, oh my god, The Avengers
!!! Plus, did I start reading the Toby Daye books in 2012? Let's say I did, because they are really, really good and you should read them.
8. Spotify and I have begun a lovely relationship. Tumblr ... well, I have no bloody clue what the hell I'm doing with it, but my dashboard gave me a lot of stuff to think about this year, a lot of it interesting, and not all of it Glee
related. (In that regard it reminds me of when I first got on LJ, lo these many moons ago.) I wonder if there's an official Sherlock
9. Oh yeah, my mom got an iPhone, as well, and has entered into the exciting world of texting. This may be a blessing and a curse.
10. The Zweeble went to his first-ever play, starring the lovely and talented jkason
11. 21 years of the Scott and Laura Saga. Our relationship is now old enough to drink.
12. Four more short stories, and some odd stuff that might lead somewhere or might not, but what the hell, it's there.
13. My boys were, on the whole and as always, awesome and hilarious. As are my friends.The Not-So-Hurrah
1. Well, my uncle died. It was not entirely surprising, considering his alcoholism, but it was a really fast decline before it happened and that sort of shocked me, and death is always a shock, whether or not you figured it was going to happen soon.
2. I got hit by a freaking truck! And I still can't quite decide if I like my new car or not.
3. You know, every year I wish I had my life more together than I do. Maybe this year I'll say to hell with that.Looking Ahead
I have no idea. Seriously. It's going to be an interesting ride, though, because Scott graduates in May and then it's job hunting and paying back student loans. My mother-in-law retires this year, I think, so maybe we'll see the in-laws at some point. I want to see if we can go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween this year.
I have one more Corwyn story to write, and then I'm gonna embark on another novel.
So last year, I wrote:I wish for us all some unexpected, but very welcome, stories; the chance to see old friends and meet new ones; good music, books, and TV; funny stories about small kids and/or pets; the pulling off of something cool; and the continuation of something wonderful and true.
I think I managed all that. I'll leave it for this year, too, I think. Happy New Year, y'all.